🔕 🔔

What toaster oven do you recommend for mainly toasting 4- 6 pieces of toast and open faced sandwiches?

asked by rich miller almost 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I have a great toaster oven but I'm at work and can't remember the brand; will post again when I get home tonight.

DeLonghi are pretty good. An Italian brand, but I'm not sure where they are assembled these days.

I am loving my little toaster pan, purchased at paellapans.com -- it's amazing. Only 2 pieces of toast at a time, but just much easier than a toaster (doesn't clutter up my counter).

http://www.paellapans.com...

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

I really like my Cuisinart toaster oven. Breville makes a great one also, but it is a little pricey. I had a DeLonghi but it didn't hold up and didn't toast well. That was awhile ago.

4f98639e b8b3 42cd 9b01 ec8a503c5fdd  2010 09 15 14.22.07

I have been satisfied with my DeLonghi. It toasts evenly (bread, English muffins or bagels) when three of us are rushing about in the morning, and is often used for broiling a small piece of fish or a chop. We also use it to hold things, on the Keep Warm setting. My only complaint is that the knobs are somewhat awkwardly shaped, but I am used to them now.

4b3b3cea 9e39 48aa b042 fb2bfc359a4b  129

I have a Krups, which works ok, but has a MAJOR design flaw...the crumb tray is not removable, which it makes it hard to clean. I bought a Kitchenaid and returned it. I really liked how it looked, but the entire exterior and the handle became extremely hot when it was in use. Iused to have a Delonghi and it worked great for years. I gave it to my son when he went away to school, and he had it for four years, and still has it in his apartment. BTW, toaster ovens are the bomb! I would give up my microwave before my toaster oven.

Here's ours.
http://us.sanyo.com:80...
It may be more than you need, but it works really well. (I bake potatoes in it, too) and is easy to clean. We've blown through several of the cheap ones and they're garbage.