🔕 🔔

How long to bake & at what temperature a whole mackerel?

I've butterflied it open and removed the guts, spine and pin bones. Head is still on but I can take it off. I was going to bake it in the oven, but I have no idea what temperature or how long for?

asked by Rachel Phipps over 4 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Pretty forgiving--I've seen recipes with very low and very high temperatures. But 350 for about 20 minutes will probably work.

A99cf0a7 035d 47b3 abf9 a21b1796e127

Thank you! I was going to keep any eye on it anyway, but just wanted a starting point!

Just re-read, and that "probably" couldn't have given you great confidence! You'll be able to tell it's done, if you put a fork into it, and the flesh separates easily.