Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Veggie prep

I want to peel and chop, as needed, all my vegetables the day before Thanksgiving so I don't have to deal with it day of. Is there any reason I can't do this for these veggies: Cauliflower, potates (I was told I could store them in water) and kale? Do I need to store them in some special way?

asked by WannabeBaker about 3 years ago
8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Put cut cauliflower florets in ziplock bags. Place peeled in potatoes in cold water so they are completely covered. Wrap kale leaves in paper towels and then into plastic bags. All should be refrigerated over night.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

For your kale, are you serving it in salad or cooked? If in salad, you can prep the leaves by cutting them or tearing them the night before. If you are going to cook them consider blanching the kale and then running it through the food processor and then refrigerating it. Saves a lot of time.