Veggie prep

I want to peel and chop, as needed, all my vegetables the day before Thanksgiving so I don't have to deal with it day of. Is there any reason I can't do this for these veggies: Cauliflower, potates (I was told I could store them in water) and kale? Do I need to store them in some special way?

Monita November 20, 2013

Put cut cauliflower florets in ziplock bags. Place peeled in potatoes in cold water so they are completely covered. Wrap kale leaves in paper towels and then into plastic bags. All should be refrigerated over night.

SKK November 20, 2013

For your kale, are you serving it in salad or cooked? If in salad, you can prep the leaves by cutting them or tearing them the night before. If you are going to cook them consider blanching the kale and then running it through the food processor and then refrigerating it. Saves a lot of time.