Pumpkin Pudding

I've used this recipe before: http://food52.com/recipes...
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to substitute about 8 oz of pumpkin puree instead of the chocolate. I like the blender technique in this recipe. Ideas?

asked by andrea lee over 4 years ago

cratecooking
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I'm not sure if this would work, but Amanda can probably give you a better answer. The texture would definitely be different and not as smooth as the chocolate version, but my fear is that the puree could make the pudding watery, preventing it from setting well.

Interesting idea! I think it should work -- I'm guessing the pumpkin's moisture may have an effect on the pudding so you might want to cook the pumpkin a bit to dry it out (this will also caramelize it -- a plus!) before adding it to the mixture.

andrea lee

Thanks to the both of you for your help :) I will try caramelizing it!

andrea lee

andrea lee

I think this and it did come out a little thin, more like a chilled pumpkin soup. However, it was really good! I also made a green tea sauce to go with it. Thanks :)