🔕 🔔

Pumpkin Pudding

I've used this recipe before: http://food52.com/recipes...
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to substitute about 8 oz of pumpkin puree instead of the chocolate. I like the blender technique in this recipe. Ideas?

asked by andrea lee almost 4 years ago

1159112d e9d2 47a5 aa03 ccf4491917f1  img 9977
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I'm not sure if this would work, but Amanda can probably give you a better answer. The texture would definitely be different and not as smooth as the chocolate version, but my fear is that the puree could make the pudding watery, preventing it from setting well.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Interesting idea! I think it should work -- I'm guessing the pumpkin's moisture may have an effect on the pudding so you might want to cook the pumpkin a bit to dry it out (this will also caramelize it -- a plus!) before adding it to the mixture.

9c8f3f94 fb40 4a0c 9bce e3832197fc9d  image

Thanks to the both of you for your help :) I will try caramelizing it!

I think this and it did come out a little thin, more like a chilled pumpkin soup. However, it was really good! I also made a green tea sauce to go with it. Thanks :)