I intend to use the cream cheese later this week for cream cheese icing and a cheesecake.
Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52
The USDA recommends to not leave soft cheeses with high moisture content out of the refrigerator for more than two hours. If you've left it out overnight and it's already past 5pm EST, it's unfortunately been in the "danger zone" for too long and could contain harmful bacteria.
If ur house is cool and not overheated at night it will probably be okay. Check it in a couple of days and take a sniff and a taste-it will likely be alright. Don't wait until the last minute to make ur dishes so you can run to the store if need be. Good luck!
Pegeen is a trusted home cook.
No - See Susan's answer. Cheaper to buy new cream cheese than to pay all the associated hospital bills for food poisoning.
Just to be sure it's understood: I meant NO it is NOT OK.
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
And saved a life.
Life Saving Shortbread
How Do You Feel About Haggis?
A Magic House for Growing Plants
The Illustrated Biographies of 16 1/2 Desserts
Gifts as Unique as Snowflakes
prevented successful signup:
We'll never post anything without your permission.
prevented successful login:
Thanks for signing up!
Connect with us to get more Food52!
Sign up for our useful, inspired emails and we'll
give you everything you need to eat and live better—including
recipes, how-tos, and exclusives and great gift ideas from our
kitchen and home shop.