I accidentally left four packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese out overnight, have they gone bad?

I intend to use the cream cheese later this week for cream cheese icing and a cheesecake.

asked by Laurie Benner Bruderek over 4 years ago

cratecooking
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

The USDA recommends to not leave soft cheeses with high moisture content out of the refrigerator for more than two hours. If you've left it out overnight and it's already past 5pm EST, it's unfortunately been in the "danger zone" for too long and could contain harmful bacteria.

christine

If ur house is cool and not overheated at night it will probably be okay. Check it in a couple of days and take a sniff and a taste-it will likely be alright. Don't wait until the last minute to make ur dishes so you can run to the store if need be. Good luck!

Just to be sure it's understood: I meant NO it is NOT OK.