My job has erratic hours so I am on the go at odd times and need to sandwich (pardon the pun) in dinner for one between appointments. I find myself grabbing whatever is around and not always eating things that are good fpr me I need some suggestions for easy-to-do, healthy dinners I can make for myself. I don't have large blocks of time available to prepare and freeze things all the time, but welcome those suggestions too. Any ideas? Thanks, in advance, all my cooking friends!

Merrill Stubbs September 12, 2010

One of my go-to dinners for fall and winter is a baked sweet potato (or microwave it if you're really pressed for time), with a ragu of some kind (hot turkey sausage is one of my favorites). You can make a homemade ragu pretty quickly if you use canned tomatoes -- usually takes me about half an hour, and it's great for freezing.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks September 15, 2010

When I was single and spent most of my time in the library studying medicine, I used to make a big batch of Stuffed Rebaked Potatoes from Mollie Katzen's Broccoli Forest Cookbook and freeze them. Can be reheated easily and/or frozen. I sometimes made a batch of Lime Baked Chicken Thighs at the same time, ditto. They both travel well, and I would eat both of them cold if I was truly desperate.