Q. I want to make my egg sandwiches more appealing, any suggestions

asked by mookie_mooks almost 8 years ago

TiggyBee

Serve it on a crusty baguette with some fresh arugula, gruyere and a nice aioli & bacon too!

nutcakes

You didn't say how you are making them now?

add pickle relish or chopped olives

I used to combine tuna and egg salad filling for sandwiches

put a layer of smoked salmon on it

try Martha's curried one
http://www.food.com/recipe...

TiggyBee

That's funny, nutcakes - I interpreted the question as more of a fried egg sandwich. Egg salad never occurred to me!! Your link looks yummy!! : )

I like all those ideas.

If it's fried, put some nice cheese on it. And bacon! A nice, big, fat, toasted English Muffin would be grand!

If it's egg salad, mix in Tobasco, top with sliced avocado, and watercress. And bacon! Put it all on a good-quality pumpernickel bread.

nutcakes

humm, I wonder which it is? fried egg sandwich or egg salad sandwich. I thought Tiggy Bee's suggestion would be good with egg salad too, use aioli to bind it.

Nora

My mother made egg salad with finely chopped green olives and a little brine from the jar. A little mayo, a dash of smokey paprika. She also thoroughly smooshed the egg whites rather than leaving them lumpy. I do the same and everyone loves it.