🔕 🔔

Husband brought home a deer liver...

What should I do with it?! He's a hunter and doesn't want it to go to waste... he likes liver, but I'm not sure how to prepare it for him!

asked by darksideofthespoon over 3 years ago

A humble tip for your "hunter/gatherer" If you like the liver to taste a bit less gamey you can soak it in milk in the fridge for a few hours, then prepare it as you would any liver. I would slice it dredge in a flour sprinkle with salt pepper and some fresh rosemary. Brown in frypan with olive oil and a "thumb" of butter and then finish in the oven for just a few minutes. Don't want to over cook it, its a very delicate meat. I sometimes squeeze fresh lemon on as it is served. Enjoy!

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

I have no idea, but I got a kick out of this headline and imagining your expression when he produced his deer liver. I hope it was slightly more enthusiastic than when the cat proudly offers you a dead mouse as a hostess gift.

I'm sure I'd make pâté out of it. And yes, soak it in milk a few hours before doing anything with it to help it be less :gamey."