Uses for leftover eggnog?

I enjoy having a small amount of eggnog over the holidays but I'm the only one in the house who enjoys it and as it's always sold in larger bottles, there's a lot left over. Are there any clever recipes for leftover eggnog?

asked by gwen almost 5 years ago

EmilyC

This eggnog bundt cake is so good: http://leitesculinaria.com/2960/recipes-eggnog-pound-cake-rum-glaze.html

Add some gelatin and make panna cotta-esque pudding or eggnog shots ;)

Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for frozen treat, unless there's a lot of alcohol. I'd make a milkshake or maybe some sort of semi-freddo.

Erin

Use it to replace some or all of the milk in your favorite overnight French toast recipe.

Naina Lal

Mix with some cubed croissants, dried cranberries/raisins, nutmeg and orange zest and make bread-pudding! :)

It's great for French Toast. Or, if you have an ice cream freezer, you can freeze it as is as ice cream.

Eliz.

In sum, it works well as a substitute for whole milk or cream in baking. Also consider muffin pans as a destination for your leftover eggnog. Gingerbread or a citrus-flavored quick bread. A custardy-pie filling or flan. British-style rice pudding which requires 2 cups of milk to 1/3 cup short-grain white rice [Epicurious recipe from GOURMET, Dec. 2007; cf. comments dated 3/01/08 ;) for further recommendations]. When the eggnog is still very fresh, you might add frozen fruit to make a smoothie or lasso provided that the spices complement your additions.

rt21

Turn it into a glaze for muffins or a quick bread

catalinalacruz

Here is a recipe for the most tender eggnog cake ever. It's too bad I only make it once a year. :)

catalinalacruz

Whoops! I got so distracted remembering how good this cake is, I forgot the link!
https://kathleeniscookinginmexico.wordpress.com/?s=egg+nog+cake

ellenl

where is the eggnog?

S
S

elleni
I'm guessing the vanilla, rum, and nutmeg make it taste like eggnog, plus the cream.

catalinalacruz

My bad -- yes, all the eggnog flavors are there, minus the eggnog.