Substitute almond extract for Tuaca?

I've a cookie recipe calling for Tuaca. Could I use an equal amount of almond extract? Should I use less?

asked by EmFraiche almost 5 years ago

You should use less extract. If the recipe calls for 2 tbl Tuaca I would use just 1 teaspoon of extract

dymnyno

I don't think that Tuaca tastes like almond. It's more of an orange flavor.

EmFraiche

Aah thank you! I don't know why I've always thought it was almond.

dymnyno

Amaretto tastes like almonds.

Tuaca isf lavored with orange and vanilla, so toss in some vanilla extract.

EmFraiche

The recipe already called for vanilla, so I just left the tuaca out and added a little water to make up for the moisture. They turned out great even without the tuaca. Thanks!