🔕 🔔

I have some fennel I need to use up and I'm leaving on vacation in 2 days so my frige is not exactly stocked... creative ideas?

Vegan ideas preferred.

asked by haley driscoll almost 4 years ago

C9fe3f6c c3eb 473c 918e 88792bcc3a90  image

Tomato Fennel soup ... and freeze it for when you get back.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

we love raw fennel, esp. when we travel- lightweight and refreshing. Otherwise, chop or slice and saute and freeze. you can make into soup or other when you return. To east before your trip, slice and put in salads; sautee and serve as a side dish; saute and use it as a bed under fish filets that you bake w/ or w/o tomatoey based sauce.

Throw it into a pot with any other vegetables you have left and make vegetable broth. Use up all the fridge items and have a clean fridge for when you get home.

Freeze and use in soup stock.