🔕 🔔

How much water do I add to the rice cooker for 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice (white)?

I know Basmati is a little different than Jasmine and other rices as far as the water ratio goes when using a rice cooker. How much do I need for 1 1/2 cups? Should I also add butter or oil as some people suggest?

asked by Jennifer almost 4 years ago

I would suggest 3 cups of water, 2 times the volume of rice. As for butter or oil, I don't usually add either. Maybe the butter for flavor if the recipe calls for it. Basmati rice cooks up fluffy, but not sticky, so I'm not sure what the butter or oil would do other than flavor.