Our NYC Holiday Market is open—this weekend only! Come see us »
🔕 🔔

Will chocolate melt if I mail it?

I want to make my boyfriend one of those chocolate cigarette packs where you melt the chocolate, put it in a straw and then cut it to make it look like a cigarette; putting them all in a pack. But my concern is that I'd have to send it to him through mail to his country (Argentina) and it usually takes about 20 days to get there. Do you think something would happen to the chocolate for that period of time, I'm worried it'll melt before it gets there or that it won't be eatable after that much time. Is it even worth it trying out, and what are some tips that I could apply, I've read I could send it with ice packs, but since it's around 20 days I'm not sure.

asked by vicky almost 3 years ago
68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Vicky - I'd say go for it! If it works, you'll know you can do it and if it doesn't your boyfriend will know you tried. Either way, it's the thought that counts and you were trying to do something really sweet for him which is what's most important.

I know the army uses chocolate for its troops that does not melt. Haven't yet found such chocolate on grocery shelves. I think it wise to send something else.