🔕 🔔

My KitchenAid blender ate itself alive. Should I spring for a Vitamix Pro 300?

The Pro 300 has a pulse momentary switch where the high/variable switch is on the 5200. I've read back through the blender questions here, and I hope it's not too soon again to ask. I typically cook for 2-6 people and wonder if the capacity of the Vitamix is too much for me. Thanks

asked by bugbitten almost 4 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I have a 5200 and love it. Had it for 6 years and use it all of the time and cook for 1 to 10. Don't have any experience with the Pro 300. Vita Mixes are work horses and last forever.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

I also have a 5200 and love it. Worth every penny and they have a fabulous warranty. Vitamix now makes smaller capacity containers, as well, though I believe the "normal" size works well no matter how small a capacity you require.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I was just given a 5200 recently and we love it! My daughter makes smoothies and lattes that we never could have in our old blender. She makes smoothies for just one and two in it.

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

Thanks to all you happy new year names I know from this site. I'll surely get the Vitamix. I just needed your support.

Can anyone recommend a particular model of juicer, mid-range, also capable of doing hard vegetables like carrots and beets? I would be using it every day. Thanks.

It depends on how long you had the KitchenAid, but I'd contact the company and see if they will replace it or fix it.