In search of pattypan squash ideas...

My CSA box this week included three beautiful pattypan (also known as sunburst) squashes. I am looking for a simple recipe and am considering cutting in half and roasting in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper - but I'd love to hear of some other ideas if you have any. Thanks!

asked by Christine almost 5 years ago

I like to slice them thinly and horizontally so that they retain their interesting shape. After that I just saute them in olive oil and grate over some parmigano.

Christine

Thank you! I am going to try that tonight.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Christine - They make really pretty pickles. Can a pickle be pretty? In my household, yes! I've made a really gorgeous mixed pickle using pattypans, cauliflower, and carrots. For pickle recipes check out Linda Freidrich, she has some wonderful recipes.