yogurt mold

Hi, I made yogurt overnight in a yogotherm incubate. The yogurt smelled great and appeared firm. I proceeded to transfer it into a strainer to go greek. The yogurt separated close to the bottom of the container revealing a colony of pink/red mold and bleu cheez smell. What remains in the container, about 4 oz, is clearly spoiled, but what is in the strainer, about 28 oz, appears to be fine, without ostensible appearance of mold, and a healthy yogurt smell, and only a vague bleu cheez smell. Do I keep it and eat it, or dump it? Thanks!

  • 3727 views
  • 2 Comments

2 Comments

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
HalfPint
HalfPint January 16, 2014

I generally dump any yogurt (any dairy really) that develops a blue cheesy smell and colors like black or red. I hate to waste, but the remaining 28 oz doesn't sound safe. Then clean and sterilize all your yogurt making equipment.

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
ChefJune
ChefJune January 16, 2014

Please don't eat that!

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
Showing 2 out of 2 Comments Back to top
Recommended by Food52