🔕 🔔

preserved lemon

Can you use the entire preserved lemon or is it just the colored rind?

asked by ATG117 almost 4 years ago

I was reading David Lebovitz's recipe, and he notes that the pulp of the lemon should be scraped out, maybe juiced, and then the innards should be discarded.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

That's what I've read elsewhere, too. Rinse, then scrape off and discard the pulp, using just the peel.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I rinse and discard the pulp but I have heard that others use it. Without rinsing it's extremely salty. With a light rinse they are like extra concentrated lemon essence!