preserved lemon

Can you use the entire preserved lemon or is it just the colored rind?

asked by ATG117 over 4 years ago

ATG117

I was reading David Lebovitz's recipe, and he notes that the pulp of the lemon should be scraped out, maybe juiced, and then the innards should be discarded.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

That's what I've read elsewhere, too. Rinse, then scrape off and discard the pulp, using just the peel.

healthierkitchen

I rinse and discard the pulp but I have heard that others use it. Without rinsing it's extremely salty. With a light rinse they are like extra concentrated lemon essence!