The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »

Party food ideas

Hey guys, I'm going to a friend's house tonight to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics and volunteered to bring the food. Of course, now I'm coming up empty on what to do for a main dish and hoped you guys could give me some ideas. Here are my guidelines: 1) I'm not interested in burgers or wings. I would have done pulled pork, but I just made that less than a week ago. 2) Either something I can make quickly at my friend's house or that I can prep at my house and easily carry over. 3) It only needs to feed 3 1/2 people (toddler). 4) Nothing fancy. I'm thinking good comfort food here. Also, I'm planning on frying up a bunch of veggies for snacks, so it's not like the main needs to be really substantial. OH, and I do have a little time to go grocery shopping. Thanks for any help!

asked by WannabeBaker about 3 years ago

Buy some already made dough in a roll, and make some quick pizzas at your house or your friends. Toppings are up to your imagination. BBQ chicken, buffalo chicken, veggie, cheese, whatever. And the kids can help too. Just crank the oven or grill up, add a pizza stone or pan and it's that easy.

A few steps. Roll the dough out by hand, paint w olive oil, spread sauce, then toppings, then cheese. Spice as needed.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Roast chicken.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I'm curious about the vegetables you are frying up as snacks. French fries? Tempura? Potato chips?

I did pickles and cauliflower, although I also was going to do onion rings until we decided we were too full. Thanks for all the tips! I went with baked ziti.