🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coconut Tres Leches

22e3066d 6a56 4e6e 8225 b57ea0e9655a  2013 0604 tres leches cake 593

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut Tres Leches" from aargersi. This recipe looks delicious, and a friend request a coconut cake for his birthday ! so plan to impress... But was thinking of taking this to a new level by adding rum added to the tres leches before pouring on the warm cake? Would that work? Has anyone tried this?

asked by chumbalina almost 4 years ago

I think it would work, but I'd caution against using too much rum, which could mask the coconut flavor.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Yes, don't overwhelm the other flavors...but I'd never say no to coconut and rum. They're very good friends.