A question about a recipe: Coconut Tres Leches

22e3066d 6a56 4e6e 8225 b57ea0e9655a  2013 0604 tres leches cake 593

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut Tres Leches" from aargersi. This recipe looks delicious, and a friend request a coconut cake for his birthday ! so plan to impress... But was thinking of taking this to a new level by adding rum added to the tres leches before pouring on the warm cake? Would that work? Has anyone tried this?

asked by chumbalina over 4 years ago

ATG117

I think it would work, but I'd caution against using too much rum, which could mask the coconut flavor.

Yes, don't overwhelm the other flavors...but I'd never say no to coconut and rum. They're very good friends.