🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Red Sangria

B947d07d 48ad 4e4c bb2c 67afe152c8c9  9567120575 1453b5635d z

I have a question about the recipe "Red Sangria " from Kenzi Wilbur . Since English is not my mother tongue, I couldn't understand what "mid-range red wine" is. Can anyone help?

asked by MrsK almost 4 years ago

Most likely it means the price range. Something not too cheap (and poor in quality) and something not too expensive. Try for wines in the $15-$30 range. You don't want a bad tasting wine and you don't need to use an expensive higher quality wine. Use a red that you like to drink on it's own and you should be fine.

It means mid price range. Something inexpensive but decent will do for sangria.

7398fd5b b572 4a30 b7b7 22d5eb08b2a5  bonsai 2

Thank you so much for the answers! I should have realized it was price range!!!! :-)

Thanks, June!

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

For sangria, a decent (i.e., not costly) Rioja is the obvious choice, but I also think Beaujolais works well. I definitely would stay under $12 (tops) for sangria - actually, last summer I made several tasty batches using a ridiculously inexpensive Sangiovese from Trader Joe's (rec'd by a friend who knows much more than me about wine.) Relatively soft tannin, fruity - just ok on its own, but worked well in sangria.