What can be subbed one for one for granulated sugar? Running low.

Baking biscotti today but am just under the amount I need for granulated sugar. I have just about everything else---turbinado, superfine, brown (too moist), can I safely fill in with either turbinado or superfine and not alter texture for biscotti? Thanks!

asked by Danizmango over 4 years ago

nashama

Superfine sugar should be fine, but I would expect a finer crumb in your finished biscotti, which isn't a bad thing.

I would probably go for the turbinado, but any fairly fine grained sugar will work one for one.

ATG117

I'd also go for turbinado. But if you use the superfine sugar, decrease the amount you use by a bit.

Danizmango

Thanks, all. I will use the turbinado I think.