Perfect pastry recipe for quiche

Quiche

asked by pedant over 4 years ago

Any good pie crust recipe will work fine. I prefer no sugar in a savory pie -- which essentially, is what a quiche is.

S
S

If you're truly in an emergency situation, use a Pillsbury refrigerated crust. They come rolled these days, so no seams. Can be easily rolled to fit a larger pan, if necessary. Then take your time to find a good pie crust recipe.

Pâte brisée is the French standard.

FTTBabyMama

Hi Pedant!

I like to use a really easy no roll pie crust for my quiche. The crust is simply pressed into the pan. It turns out buttery and flaky every time!
Hope this helps. http://www.farmtotablebabymama.com/quiche-brussels-sprouts-apples-shallots/

This one has been my all purpose go-to for years:
http://thesolitarycook.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/perfect-flaky-pastry/

petitbleu

I love a simple, all-butter crust--1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 stick butter cut in, and enough ice water to bring the dough together.