🔕 🔔

Website keeps logging me off

The last few times I've moseyed over here to the Hotline, I've had to log in. I never log out, so I don't know why this is happening. It's not hard to log in, but I've never had to do this before and it's annoying. Have you made some changes to Food52 lately that would explain this?

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 4 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

What computer operating system are you using? Windows 8 is quite unstable and logs out of lots of sites. Windows 7 and XP are better. iPads also often crash apps but MacPro books do not.
Try rebooting you computer a few times (3x+) and run a malware program to be sure you do not have a bug in the soup.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I use Windows 7, have an anti-virus program and run malware scans regularly. It didn't log me out between last night and this morning, but I'm reserving judgment!

DianaB, this has happened to me too and I'm sure plenty of others Food52ers.

My guess is that the pro-forma procedures for this web site (as with most web sites) log-out users who have been logged in for a long period of time but who have had no click/view activity. And then require them to log back in.

When a customer/viewer has been logged in a long time, but no site surfing acticity, that skew the site's web stats, which in turn attract advertisers or partners. if you're actively using the site. that has a positive affect on the web site's statistics and their business profile.

Hi Food52 - More please for a Spell Checker or editing function! :-)

"but no site surfing activity" (not "acticity")
"that skews" (not "skew")

Thanks

p.s. Diana B
- Log out of Food52 (under upper right "head" icon" on your screen)
- Quit your browser (and ideally re-start your computer)
- Restart your broswer. Reload previous windows from browser history. Log back in to Food52.com.

Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

So far today, knock wood, I'm staying logged in, so I don't think I'll do anything to jinx it! I view and click something or other in Hotline and often other sections of the site, daily, so I think I would meet the activity levels the site requires. Maybe the geeks are restless...

Diana B - Good! It's always something on the net: browser cookies need to be refreshed by logging out-and-in, whatever. A small price to pay for the bounty of information. ;-)

Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

True, Pegeen! And thanks for all your suggestions!