🔕 🔔

Shared lunch at university tomorrow, limited time to prep after work tonight. Ideas? Sweet or savoury!

I have to bring a plate tomorrow for lunch. I want something easy but special, I was thinking World Peace cookies or maybe small sandwiches. Any other ideas?

asked by Cait over 2 years ago
0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Defrost a bag of baby lima beans and then cook them just a bit--much less than package specs. They should have some crunch. Very lightly cooked. IN fact sometimes just a microwave defrost will be enough. Taste for texture.

Put that in a bowl in the fridge.
Make a dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, a touch of powdered mustard, a bit of water, oregano.
Dress the lima beans with that--let it sit overnight.

Chop up some parsley and feta cheese. (option) some cherry tomatoes for color. Put that in the fridge.

Right before work. Put in the feta cheese/parsley/tomatoes, mix and season with salt and pepper.

This is served chilled or at room temp.

Careful on the salt as you'll be adding feta cheese crumbles. So taste and season (always).

and garlic in the dressing (DOH!)

How about Swedish meatballs? Easy to make, easy to heat in a crockpot.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Definitely go "savoury". I would make a rice casserole that can be served warm or cold. Basic Chinese take-out mixed rice. Cooked rice with a healthy mix of peas, chopped onion, baby shrimp, chopped Chinese sausage or chopped pork or chicken. Some bits of mushroom if you want (pre cooked, chopped), and dress with some sweet and sour, or for "bite", dress with sweet Thai chili sauce and chopped kimchi. Make extra because everyone will want seconds and you want some to take home for your dinner !