🔕 🔔

Chunky Home Fries/Hash Browns

I organized a catered hot breakfast at the office this morning and there were a generous amount of the breakfast potatoes left over. I've got a take-out container of them thinking they might be suitable for a frittata/tortilla. However, they really are rather chunky and I'm not sure if this would work well with the egg preparation I'm considering.

I could revitalize them in the convection Toaster oven and serve w/poached or fried eggs, but I'm a bit reluctant to abandon the frittata/tortilla idea.

Any thoughts/Inspirations?

asked by Foodelf over 3 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Not off the top of me head, But here's a suggestion for future events:
Some local charities will accept donations of food left over from catered event. Check your local shelters and organizations.
That said; those could go in a corned beef hash with leftover corned beef--or even the canned product.

559b7954 d7be 4065 8a51 4b2c9c58102d  lardofavon

What Henry said. If your heart is set on a frittata, no more than a minute or so of rough chopping will solve the chunky size problem.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

If you're set on a frittata or tortilla idea, I agree wit hthe other to simply chop to size. But, look at this recipe if you have extra: http://food52.com/recipes...

Mmmmmmm. makes me want to go get a chicken and potatoes! Yes, I would recommend chopping the potatoes to the size u need.