Chunky Home Fries/Hash Browns

I organized a catered hot breakfast at the office this morning and there were a generous amount of the breakfast potatoes left over. I've got a take-out container of them thinking they might be suitable for a frittata/tortilla. However, they really are rather chunky and I'm not sure if this would work well with the egg preparation I'm considering.

I could revitalize them in the convection Toaster oven and serve w/poached or fried eggs, but I'm a bit reluctant to abandon the frittata/tortilla idea.

Any thoughts/Inspirations?

• Posted by: Foodelf
  • March 20, 2014

Sam1148 March 20, 2014

Not off the top of me head, But here's a suggestion for future events:
Some local charities will accept donations of food left over from catered event. Check your local shelters and organizations.
That said; those could go in a corned beef hash with leftover corned beef--or even the canned product.

Voted the Best Reply!

ChezHenry
ChezHenry March 20, 2014

Chop them up to the size you want.

The Lard Of Avon
The Lard Of Avon March 21, 2014

What Henry said. If your heart is set on a frittata, no more than a minute or so of rough chopping will solve the chunky size problem.

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 21, 2014

If you're set on a frittata or tortilla idea, I agree wit hthe other to simply chop to size. But, look at this recipe if you have extra: http://food52.com/recipes...

ChefJune March 21, 2014

Mmmmmmm. makes me want to go get a chicken and potatoes! Yes, I would recommend chopping the potatoes to the size u need.