A question about a recipe: Cinnamon-Cardamon Kringel Bread

Ee1b6de8 de53 4682 bc4e 97e005564b84  kringelf52 8

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon-Cardamon Kringel Bread" from poiresauchocolat. how many teaspoons of cardamon seeds? I have whole cardamon seeds not pods.

asked by fooddc over 4 years ago

Ten pods should contain about a teaspoon of seeds. See:
http://www.nuts.com/cookingbaking/herbsspices/cardamom/pods.html

You have to remove the seeds from the pod and grind them--I use a heavy mortar and pestle.

petitbleu

I would actually just grind up the whole pods. They're very flavorful, and it seems wasteful to throw the pods away. Sometimes, I have to sift the ground pods because they're a little fibrous, but otherwise just use the ground cardamom as directed.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris