🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cinnamon-Cardamon Kringel Bread

Ee1b6de8 de53 4682 bc4e 97e005564b84  kringelf52 8

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon-Cardamon Kringel Bread" from poiresauchocolat. how many teaspoons of cardamon seeds? I have whole cardamon seeds not pods.

asked by fooddc over 3 years ago

Ten pods should contain about a teaspoon of seeds. See:
http://www.nuts.com/cookingbaking...

You have to remove the seeds from the pod and grind them--I use a heavy mortar and pestle.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I would actually just grind up the whole pods. They're very flavorful, and it seems wasteful to throw the pods away. Sometimes, I have to sift the ground pods because they're a little fibrous, but otherwise just use the ground cardamom as directed.