🔕 🔔

Where can I find kosher-for-Passover flour?

Really into house made matzo. Have been "cheating" with King Arthur all-purpose.

asked by Betsey over 3 years ago

There is no such animal that I've ever heard of in my lifetime. House made matzohs are definitely better in every way than what comes in the box, but don't know about making them strictly Kosher for Passover. Do you clear your house of chometz?

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Special flour called kemach shel matzah shamura is needed to make at home matzah. It is near impossible to source because of the guidelines and supervision needed to even create the flour and transport.

I wanted to add that you could support Israel buy buying made in Israel matzos or KFP bakeries, both are usually mail-order and are not shaped like the box versions. I've never had true KFP matzo made in a family or friends home. Some that are not Kosher made at home have tasted horrible.

820467dc d1b2 4071 ae7b d918a3648548  image

Also there is the 18 minute start to finish rule.