best way to reheat pre-cooked brisket?

So I cooked the brisket yesterday and refrigerated in the (tomato-based) sauce. What is best way to reheat? On the stovetop? Or should I slice first, pour some sauce on and heat in oven? Thanks.

asked by lcast over 4 years ago

Tarragon

Highly recommend slicing it cold, then heating in the sauce - either stove top or in the oven. Covered.

We always skim off all the solidified fat, then slice it cold, Put into clean pan and cover with the sauce. Heat slowly like Monita said.

Buddy

As a Restaurant chef, I preheat by portion size. Take some of the fat.... melt it in a little beef stock that I make into a very thin gravy with added mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Get that hot, then... put in sliced brisket... cover .... heat and serve. That'll be $5 please....LOL... just my humor thing. Really worth much more then that...hahahaha

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks