🔕 🔔

Is the process for cooking flageolet beans similar to most bean cooking methods?

Soak overnight, add aromatics, salt towards the last 45 minutes if cooking?

asked by James Durazzo over 3 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Definitely do not salt until you are ready to serve. I would plate the beans and top-salt on the plate with some nice coarse sea salt. Salt is the ingredient that hardens the outer shell of beans and no matter how long you cook them, salt will make them come out tough. So, cook away until the beans are ready, then salt lightly as I suggest you consider.