Go-to Salmon Recipe

Hi all, having a bit of a Goldilocks effect with cooking salmon lately! In theory, I think I know what I'm doing, I'm just trying to find I tried fillets en parchment but the recc'd 20min @350 made them a too cooked through. My simple roasting for 15 at 400 has not been cooking the tops/centers as juicily as it cooks the outer edges. Pan-sear and finish in oven has been good, but I'm looking for an oven-only option. Low and slow has been ok but almost gives it texture I'm not always in the mood for. I'm after an all-around moist melty fish that is opaque but juicy, not stiff. Would love to hear what you guys turn too as fool-proof methods. Thanks!!

Monita May 19, 2014

One variable you need to account for is the thickness of the fish. For a recipe I make practically every week with 6-7 oz, 1" thick salmon file, I bake at 350 for about 18 min. The filets are topped with a mayo dijon sauce and cooked uncovered. The result is always moist and opaque

Regine
Regine May 19, 2014

This is my most favorite salmon recipe

http://www.epicurious.com...
Andre
Andre May 19, 2014

How about cooking it under the grill. This give a nice char to the outsides while the inside stays moist.

And use this miso recipie. All depends on how may fillets you have. In a bowl combine three tablespoons of white miso paste. Add equal parts Miren and Sake or Rice wine and mmix to form a smooth liquid paste. Smeer it all over the fillets and leave for 4 hours to 48 hours. The longer the better.

When ready to cook have your grill on high. Using your hands scrape off the excess miso from the fillets (leaving some miso on is a good thing). Grill under the grill on one side till you see it change colour on the side of the fillet about a thrid of the way down. Flip over and do the same again.

Take away from the grill and sit for 3-5 minutes and serve with either a nice XO vegetable stir fry or simple asian salad.

Andre
Andre May 19, 2014