I have a bunch of red lettuce from my CSA. Any fun recipes out there? I'm tired of making salads with it.

Red Lettuce

asked by Danee over 4 years ago

Use as you would any lettuce:

-low carb, gluten free wrapper. think Asian and use the lettuce to wrap grilled meats or tofu, with some grated carrots, bean sprouts, mint leaves, cilantro, etc. Dip your wrap/roll in a peanut sauce or sweet chili sauce, etc. Like Vietnamese summer rolls, lettuce 'cups', burritos

- as lettuce in sandwiches

- noodle salad bowls

I don't recommend any heating because the red lettuce isn't usually very sturdy and will wilt to nothing. And the beautiful color turns brownish and unappetizing.

former Community Editor

There are a lot of ideas for using an overload of lettuce in this thread: https://food52.com/hotline...

Liz the Chef, a regular here on Food52 and she also has a great blog just posted a recipe that sounds amazing for red lettuce soup. Here is the link to her blog http://lizthechef.com/

Laurie15

I get loads of leaf lettuce in my CSA, as well, and after so many salads/sandwiches, I clued in that it was amazing cooked, too. Use it like you would other greens -- it is delicious in stir fry.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris