I have a bunch of red lettuce from my CSA. Any fun recipes out there? I'm tired of making salads with it.

Red Lettuce

asked by Danee over 4 years ago

Use as you would any lettuce:

-low carb, gluten free wrapper. think Asian and use the lettuce to wrap grilled meats or tofu, with some grated carrots, bean sprouts, mint leaves, cilantro, etc. Dip your wrap/roll in a peanut sauce or sweet chili sauce, etc. Like Vietnamese summer rolls, lettuce 'cups', burritos

- as lettuce in sandwiches

- noodle salad bowls

I don't recommend any heating because the red lettuce isn't usually very sturdy and will wilt to nothing. And the beautiful color turns brownish and unappetizing.

former Community Editor

There are a lot of ideas for using an overload of lettuce in this thread: https://food52.com/hotline...

Liz the Chef, a regular here on Food52 and she also has a great blog just posted a recipe that sounds amazing for red lettuce soup. Here is the link to her blog http://lizthechef.com/

Laurie15

I get loads of leaf lettuce in my CSA, as well, and after so many salads/sandwiches, I clued in that it was amazing cooked, too. Use it like you would other greens -- it is delicious in stir fry.