🔕 🔔

lemon squares and cream cheese brownies for large group

i am making both for a large group, at least 100 people. i was thinking of making both in cookie sheets and cutting them into small squares. (there will also be fruit served).
Please let me know if you have good scale-able recipes for either, and I would appreciate any tips on doing this. I am starting tonight with the lemon square crusts and will do the rest tomorrow morning. I will chill the brownies before cutting.
BIGGEST QUESTION: HOW MANY COOKIE SHEETS SHOULD I MAKE - THREE EACH OK?
Thank you in advance!

asked by Sadassa_Ulna over 3 years ago

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

So I forgot I will be baking the curd on the crust; so I will make these tonight. Is that OK to make lemon squares the night before?

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

Hi Sadassa,
I may be too late to the party on this one... but my recommendation when making large batches of anything is to measure out every dry ingredient you need ahead of time as it saves time when it comes to baking. I also choose the simplest recipes I can find.
How large are your cookie sheets? I assume they are rimmed? You can't really make brownies or lemon bars on cookie sheets, you need a baking pan with sides.
There are several websites that allow you change recipes based on number of servings, such as this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe...
You can 100% make lemon bars and brownies the day before (or even a few days if you keep everything in air-tight containers). You can also freeze brownies easily.

Hope this helps.

I almost always make brownies in a half sheet pan. No reason you couldn't scale up the Lemon Bar recipe as well. I always cut bar cookies in 1-inch squares. Folks can always eat more if they like. I get about 70 brownies out of a half sheet pan. I have a great brownie recipe designed for the half sheet pan. message me if you'd like it.