Grapeseed oil

Bought grapeseed oil for a recipe. Need more uses for it now

asked by Food odyssea about 4 years ago

It's basically tasteless with a very high smoke point, so you can use it for everything from making mayo to searing a fillet of fish.

When I am out of beef tallow, I also have seasoned my wok and cast iron skillets with it. :0)

Community Editor at Food52

Sauce Gribiche! https://food52.com/recipes...

Dina

I use it just for regular cooking if I don't want the flavor of olive oil or I'm cooking over high heat, and for seasoning my cast iron. It can be used anywhere vegetable or other neutral oils are called for as well.

Gay Stevens

When making a vinaigrette, if you substitute grapeseed oil for about 1/4 of the olive oil, the dressing will not congeal when placed in the refrigerator.