A question about a recipe: Sugar Steak with Bourbon

9cabe8e2 04d7 4d5c 892f a6f2f618ec37  2015 0615 sugar steak with bourbon james ransom 013

I have a question about the recipe "Sugar Steak with Bourbon" from Amanda Hesser. Can I marinate for 8 hrs? Will this ruin it?

asked by Anne M. Policella about 4 years ago

I've set this to marinade in the morning, for grilling at dinner time - so 8 hrs+. It's fine - if anything, the flavor permeates the meat even better. (I do this with most marinades for beef; unlike, e.g., fish, it holds up to a long bath.)

8 hrs should be ok. Beef is dense and there's no acid or enzyme in the recipe that would degrade the meat.

Agree with amysarah and HalfPint -- 8 hours should be totally fine!