🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sugar Steak with Bourbon

9cabe8e2 04d7 4d5c 892f a6f2f618ec37  2015 0615 sugar steak with bourbon james ransom 013

I have a question about the recipe "Sugar Steak with Bourbon" from Amanda Hesser. Can I marinate for 8 hrs? Will this ruin it?

asked by Anne M. Policella about 3 years ago

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I've set this to marinade in the morning, for grilling at dinner time - so 8 hrs+. It's fine - if anything, the flavor permeates the meat even better. (I do this with most marinades for beef; unlike, e.g., fish, it holds up to a long bath.)

8 hrs should be ok. Beef is dense and there's no acid or enzyme in the recipe that would degrade the meat.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Agree with amysarah and HalfPint -- 8 hours should be totally fine!