A question about a recipe: Brooke Dojny's Blueberry Snack Cake with Toasted Pecan Topping

I have a question about the recipe "Brooke Dojny's Blueberry Snack Cake with Toasted Pecan Topping" from Genius Recipes. I don't have a 9-inch square pan. What other size pan could work?

Kristen Miglore July 20, 2014

What size pans do you have? An 8-inch pan should also work, with a longer baking time, but if the sides of your pan are shallow and it's looking full, you may want to hold back a bit of the batter. Round pans would work too.

Diana B
Diana B July 20, 2014

You might find this link worth bookmarking for pan size equivalencies: http://www.joyofbaking.com/PanSizes.html

maryvelasquez
maryvelasquez July 21, 2014

Thanks, Kristen Miglore and Diana B. Given the tons of bakeware I have, I was surprised not to have something on hand I was confident would work with this particular cake. I thought 8-inch sq. and 9-inch round would not be large enough. I ended up using a 9-inch round pan that is 3 inches deep. I had to extend the baking time significantly and the pecans did not become golden. I don't yet know how it tastes because I'm bringing it to a party later. I'll see how it baked through and let you know.

maryvelasquez
maryvelasquez July 21, 2014

It was great!