🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Brooke Dojny's Blueberry Snack Cake with Toasted Pecan Topping

7b923b1b 9337 4c5e 9356 a84f60acb160  food52 07 10 12 0641

I have a question about the recipe "Brooke Dojny's Blueberry Snack Cake with Toasted Pecan Topping" from Genius Recipes. I don't have a 9-inch square pan. What other size pan could work?

asked by maryvelasquez about 3 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

What size pans do you have? An 8-inch pan should also work, with a longer baking time, but if the sides of your pan are shallow and it's looking full, you may want to hold back a bit of the batter. Round pans would work too.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

You might find this link worth bookmarking for pan size equivalencies: http://www.joyofbaking...

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

Thanks, Kristen Miglore and Diana B. Given the tons of bakeware I have, I was surprised not to have something on hand I was confident would work with this particular cake. I thought 8-inch sq. and 9-inch round would not be large enough. I ended up using a 9-inch round pan that is 3 inches deep. I had to extend the baking time significantly and the pecans did not become golden. I don't yet know how it tastes because I'm bringing it to a party later. I'll see how it baked through and let you know.

It was great!