When a recipe calls for crumbled goat cheese - how do you crumble it?

It doesn't crumble well in my hands. Advice? Thanks in advance.

asked by SKK over 4 years ago

C.Nielsen

If you get a super creamy one, just toss it in the freezer for 5 minutes (Set a timer so you don't forget!) and then crumble away with your hands or a fork!

OK, I will give up my resignation on this topic and try freezing first. Thank you!

I went to my favorite cheesemonger, Irene, and asked her this question. Her response was "I have tried pushing it through the holes of a colander. It doesn't always work. And if you find a way to crumble goat cheese come back and let me know and we will both be famous."
The colander trick did not work, so I used a different cheese, a hard cheese I grated. And my guests loved the recipe.

I like to use gloves because it's a little less messy. Just a little. C. Nielsen's freezer suggestion is interesting.