How can I fix under cooked polenta?

It looked fine while I was cooking and thickening up nicely. I poured it into a pan and as it cooled and pulled away from the sides, it left polenta on the side of the pan. I'm preparing eggplant stew (https://food52.com/recipes...) to go with it, but the polenta needs to be firm. Any ideas on getting the moisture out - or firming the polenta up?

asked by lsgerman almost 4 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

If there is too much liquid, the only thing you can do it cook it off. I'd recommend putting it in the oven at a low temperature (around 300) and check it often.

Declan

I'd sauté it in some herbed, or garlic, butter

THE MATH CHEF

Cook some gluten-free pasta shells - don't allow them to be over-cooked, then put them in a colander, drain out all the liquid, and combine with the not-firm-enough polenta. The combined polenta with pasta shells should have the right consistency.