🔕 🔔

sugar steak with bourbon

About a moth ago, I marinated the steak thinking I would cook it, but ended up freezing it instead. Will the texture of it still be okay if I want to defrost and grill it for company. Should I prepare a backup?

asked by ATG117 over 3 years ago

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

I'm sure it will be fine. However, there was this interesting article from Huffington Post (via America's Test Kitchen) about not defrosting prior to cooking: http://www.huffingtonpost... that you might want to read. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.

I tried the ATK method of cooking a frozen steak. I had my doubts, but it worked beautifully.

I have also made the sugar steak with bourbon. It is awesome. The sugar creates a nice little crunch. I don't think I would hesitate to put the method and the recipe together.