sugar steak with bourbon

About a moth ago, I marinated the steak thinking I would cook it, but ended up freezing it instead. Will the texture of it still be okay if I want to defrost and grill it for company. Should I prepare a backup?

asked by ATG117 about 4 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

I'm sure it will be fine. However, there was this interesting article from Huffington Post (via America's Test Kitchen) about not defrosting prior to cooking: http://www.huffingtonpost... that you might want to read. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.

I tried the ATK method of cooking a frozen steak. I had my doubts, but it worked beautifully.

I have also made the sugar steak with bourbon. It is awesome. The sugar creates a nice little crunch. I don't think I would hesitate to put the method and the recipe together.