🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Vegetarian Lasagna

Bc410243 3aa8 46f3 9451 ead6df3ffda0  vegetarian lasagna food52 mark weinberg 14 07 01 0458

I have a question about the recipe "Vegetarian Lasagna" from Feed Me Dearly. What is a good substitute for goat cheese in this recipe. I thought about Feta, but that might make it too salty?

asked by Leslie about 3 years ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

You could try ricotta, though it won't have the same tang as goat cheese.

B188ca68 5a9f 4acf a6c6 00eb37138b21  jessicafiorillo headshot

I've used crumbled blue cheese in my lasagnas before so you could add that for extra flavor (using about 1/2 the amount of cheese called for), or just replace the goat with an equal amount of ricotta. Hope that helps!

A3163b07 c12d 4dfd 835f afb0bc1bcff3  open uri.24967

I wonder if you could do mascarpone? It might have a little more tang than the ricotta.

Definitely! You could make it fun with some chopped herbs, or do what I did recently with a lasagna and make a walnut sage pesto that you can stir into the cheese. Have fun with it- I've found this recipe to be endlessly adaptable having made it 20 or so times :)