A question about a recipe: Vegetarian Lasagna

Bc410243 3aa8 46f3 9451 ead6df3ffda0  vegetarian lasagna food52 mark weinberg 14 07 01 0458

I have a question about the recipe "Vegetarian Lasagna" from Feed Me Dearly. What is a good substitute for goat cheese in this recipe. I thought about Feta, but that might make it too salty?

asked by Leslie almost 4 years ago

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

You could try ricotta, though it won't have the same tang as goat cheese.

Feed Me Dearly

I've used crumbled blue cheese in my lasagnas before so you could add that for extra flavor (using about 1/2 the amount of cheese called for), or just replace the goat with an equal amount of ricotta. Hope that helps!

Sarah Smith

I wonder if you could do mascarpone? It might have a little more tang than the ricotta.

Feed Me Dearly

Definitely! You could make it fun with some chopped herbs, or do what I did recently with a lasagna and make a walnut sage pesto that you can stir into the cheese. Have fun with it- I've found this recipe to be endlessly adaptable having made it 20 or so times :)