🔕 🔔

Has anyone tried freezing Pumpkin Butter?

http://food52.com/recipes... Looks great, but makes a lot. I'll be the only one eating it, so I was wondering if anyone has tried freezing it? How was the consistency and taste after thawing?

asked by kimhw about 3 years ago

I haven't frozen this particular pumpkin butter, but in general fruit butters freeze very well.

There may be some separation of liquid after thawing, but it's easily fixed by either pouring it off or reheating and stirring until it evaporates.

yes to sfmiller answer. and maybe freeze them in ice cube trays so you only have to defrost enough for each eating. https://food52.com/blog...

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

I have frozen apple butter with great success. The texture was just fine.

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it goes. And Nancy, I freeze everything in ice cube trays; it's so convenient.