🔕 🔔

Regular style pork ribs

I have some friends who are supposed to come over for dinner this weekend, and just let me know they have some "regular style pork ribs" from their CSA they could give me to cook....help! That's all they know. While I make a mean pulled pork, I've never cooked ribs and so am looking for a good recipe. Should I assume these are spare ribs? As a follow up, any recommendations for rubs/methods? Need to be oven methods.
Thanks!!

asked by nashama almost 3 years ago

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Hmmm... What's the timeframe looking like? Ribs, any kind, aren't usually quick by any method.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

If you have a couple of hours to invest, this is my favorite recipe. It is very forgiving, as long as you give it enough time in the oven... http://www.threelittlehalves... You can change the rub and the flavor profile, but four or so hours in the oven at 250F will give you amazingly tender ribs.

I'm off all day, and this recipe looks great. They have just under 2# of ribs - do you think that's enough for 4 adults and a 2 year old, with sides and salad? I can go veggie-heavy if need be, and I have aoaf of bread I made today.

Ribs are mostly bone, so under 2 lbs is not much. Maybe you could grill some chicken as well? Or..like you said, go heavy on the veg and bread.

I ended up buying 2 more pounds and using the recipe QueenSashy linked to. Can't say enough good things about it. The meat was falling off the bones and the glaze was delicious.
Thanks again!!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Yay! So glad it worked out and many thanks for reporting back...