Regular style pork ribs

I have some friends who are supposed to come over for dinner this weekend, and just let me know they have some "regular style pork ribs" from their CSA they could give me to cook....help! That's all they know. While I make a mean pulled pork, I've never cooked ribs and so am looking for a good recipe. Should I assume these are spare ribs? As a follow up, any recommendations for rubs/methods? Need to be oven methods.
Thanks!!

• Posted by: nashama
  • October 8, 2014

Meaghan F
Meaghan F October 8, 2014

Hmmm... What's the timeframe looking like? Ribs, any kind, aren't usually quick by any method.

QueenSashy October 8, 2014

If you have a couple of hours to invest, this is my favorite recipe. It is very forgiving, as long as you give it enough time in the oven... http://www.threelittlehalves.com/2014/03/mustard-times-3-hot-dog-with-fake.html You can change the rub and the flavor profile, but four or so hours in the oven at 250F will give you amazingly tender ribs.

nashama
nashama October 8, 2014

I'm off all day, and this recipe looks great. They have just under 2# of ribs - do you think that's enough for 4 adults and a 2 year old, with sides and salad? I can go veggie-heavy if need be, and I have aoaf of bread I made today.

Susan W October 8, 2014

Ribs are mostly bone, so under 2 lbs is not much. Maybe you could grill some chicken as well? Or..like you said, go heavy on the veg and bread.

nashama
nashama October 12, 2014

I ended up buying 2 more pounds and using the recipe QueenSashy linked to. Can't say enough good things about it. The meat was falling off the bones and the glaze was delicious.
Thanks again!!

QueenSashy October 12, 2014

Yay! So glad it worked out and many thanks for reporting back...