🔕 🔔

Can I sub Napa cabbage for red cabbage in soup recipe?

I found a great looking recipe for red cabbage soup, but I only have a Napa cabbage at home. Is there is significant difference in flavor? Any suggestions for a puréed cabbage soup? Thanks!

asked by Sweets almost 3 years ago

A43dee65 01b1 40a6 994d 068c78eb3eee  9f7dd561 a480 4e1b 8c8f d5da7ab5167c
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

Red cabbage has a much more intense and also somewhat different flavor than Napa cabbage, as well as a very different texture. I wouldn't recommend the substitution, especially since it sounds like red cabbage is the predominant ingredient in the soup.