🔕 🔔

Do I need to wash cabbage?

I have been cooking cabbage lately. I buy a head of green or red cabbage from Whole Foods, chop it up, and sauté it. I always wash other greens that I cook which are "loose" like kale or mustard greens...I haven't been washing the chopped cabbage. What do others recommend? Should I wash the cabbage? Thank you!

asked by Girlfromipanema 7 months ago

Ee4452f2 ae77 446c afca 9b303df0931f  stringio

I don't bother with "regular" green cabbage, aside from the outermost leaves. ... For Napa cabbage, bok choy, and savoy cabbage i do wash.

For pre chopped cabbage, I assume the packer washed and packed in sanitary conditions.