🔕 🔔

You can usually go by the expiration date on the box/container if your storage cupboard is dry and cool.

Dc980cf0 27fc 4cd7 a81d 2defd44c98a4  stringio

I keep mine in the freezer. Then it can last quite some time.

Agreed. This is a perfect item to keep in your freezer, along with all types of nuts.

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Cornmeal should be stored in glass, away from all light and heat. I keep mine in the fridge in the summer, and in a cupboard far from my oven, in the winter - but my kitchen runs cool in the winter. Depending on when that cornmeal was ground, it could go rancid quickly.