🔕 🔔

Any way to grill a pumpkin or squash for a fall halloween bbq?

asked by @yudhishthu almost 3 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I have not actually grilled hard squash but I would think just remove the seeds, slice it, season it, oil it and toss it on! I think you could skip peeling it and scoop it from the peel as you eat it. Sometimes if I am worried about veggies sticking I will grill them on heavy foil sprayed with non-stick spray.

Much like potatoes, or other veggies that would become either incinerated prior to cooking through, I would parcook these either in the oven or on a pan on the grill. Once sufficiently cooked, Id bang them on the grill for some char.

I've grilled pumpkin, but only stuffed. I par cook it in the oven. Them stuff with quinoa, halved cherry tomatoes, onions, and feta. I've thrown in corn and black beans before too. Then on the grill it gets all smokey and yummy. When you scoop it out to serve make sure you get some of the pumpkin. It's delicious!