A question about a recipe: Pork Stew with White Beans and Butternut Squash

360f4b33 dfbd 42ce aadd b13460bc9556  2014 1021 pork stew with white beans butternut squash 372

I have a question about the recipe "Pork Stew with White Beans and Butternut Squash" from Merrill Stubbs. Hi--if I wanted to make this with fresh white shell beans how many cups?many thanks.

asked by sheimoon almost 4 years ago

1lb dry beans (~2cups) cooked yields about 6 cups cooked, so for the recipe you will need 1.5 cups cooked beans.

sheimoon

thanks for taking the time to answer. fresh shell beans are still at the market here in france and now we can find butternut squash too. so i would really like to make this!

I find that 1/2 lb of beans makes about 3-3.5 cups of cooked, so about 1.5 or so of fresh sounds right. Do they expand at all when fresh?

By the way, I made this yesterday and it's absolutely delicious.

sheimoon

hello and thanks very much! no they don't expand very much and i'm never sure of the equivalences -- coulda looked it up, but decided to ask instead ;-)