🔕 🔔

dried limes

I received a gift of dried limes from my cousin. If you have cooked with dried limes before, how have you used them?

asked by maryvelasquez almost 3 years ago

a characteristic ingredient of Persian cooking. Use in soups & stews as a seasoning, but don't discard after cooking - cut up and eat the softened bits. Louisa Shafia (a guest editor here) has recipes online. Also used in Indian cooking - curries & the like. Last, I think you can reconstitute them and make lime chutney.

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

Thank you! I will check out Louisa Shafia's recipes and book.

Here is an article about dried limes and a few recipes: http://www.nytimes.com...

As Nancy says, check some Persian cookbooks for more recipes. I discovered them several years ago and usually have some on hand now.

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Yottam Ottelenghi uses them regularly... Here's a link to a recent interview of his in Bon Appetit that discusses them: http://www.bonappetit.com...