🔕 🔔

Can a pecan pie made with maple syrup in place of corn syrup still have that same wonderful gooey glory?

Can a pecan pie made with maple syrup in place of corn syrup still have that same wonderful gooey glory? Curious to try Merrill's recipe, but my husband is skeptical that the corn syrup holds the key to all that gooey goodness in the traditional pecan pie.

asked by tiptoesinthekitchen almost 3 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

The texture is less viscous, to be sure -- but the flavor is divine!

0818dd65 171b 4aa1 8c21 7507311e590e  coffee

Thanks Merrill, Happy Thanksgiving!

I wonder how it would be if you used both? Best of both worlds?

C7e463f8 c3dc 4220 8e2c 3913de4dfb39  sadcookie
figgypudding

Kate is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I make my pecan pie every year with maple syrup in place of corn syrup (husband is allergic to corn), and everyone loves it and really can't tell the difference. ATK did an article on the difference awhile back and sided with maple syrup and molasses. Here's the recipe: http://www.kcet.org/living...