1 afternoon of cooking = 5 nights of dinners. Get the guide »
All questions

I need to adjust a recipe from using round cake pans to a half sheet. How should I adjust?

I want to make a tres leches cake for a large crowd. I was thinking of using this recipe but need to adjust from 10 inch round pans to a half sheet pan (12x18x2). Can I just mulitply by 2.75? or are other adjustments necessary?


thanks, marcus

(ps - i'm assuming i can use orange extract rather than orange liquor? it's for an elementary school function so alcohol is kind of out)

asked by marcusklein about 2 years ago
2 answers 503 views
23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar

Nancy is a trusted home cook.

added about 2 years ago

Marcusklein - to answer your question see this great chart allowing you to change pans and baking times...http://www.wilton.com/cakes... (and yes on substituting orange extract for liquor for the K-4 set)

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar
added about 2 years ago