After I put the first of 2 cops of Jasmine brown rice into boiling water, I realized I had forgotten to rinse it. I rinsed and added the seco

Will it be okay to eat or should I toss it? It was the last of the rice. Thanks, Dotparker

asked by dotparker almost 4 years ago

It will be fine. No need to toss

Regine

Why would not you eat it? A lot of people don't even rinse their rice before cooking it. I am a big time rice eater and cooker. I rinse white and brown rice because it makes it more fluffy (I like fluffy rice) but that is the main reason. As for parboiled rice, I do not rinse it. So I say eat it. D)

dotparker

Thanks so much for the prompt answers. It is just that on the bag it instructs to be sure to rinse first. Thanks again, dotparker